Subject: Re: Alias style fillets?
From: David Warner <[email-masked]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 1995 01:53:50 -0500

On Tue, 12 Dec 1995, Alan Chan wrote:
 
> > Is there a way to connect to seperate objects with a smooth surface
> > like fillets in Alias?
> 
> If you simply Bool Add the objects together and assign the same surface
> name (or not), you'll get a smooth edge. Don't forget to Merge Points
> after your Boolean.

Would Boolean Unify work better? It would at least elliminate unneeded
polygons...

The June 1995 issue of LWPro has an amazing ship on the inside cover
("Thornton Dynamics AV-12 Bison") made by Ron Thornton, and many of the
ship's seams were rounded off beautifully. The image's caption mentioned
that an upcoming article would discuss how Ron modeled these smooth edges.
That's one issue I eagerly await!

-David Warner